Using much the same technology as dry Herb vape pens
, you'll find three main components on a standard e-juice vape pen:
- Battery – A vape pen battery can be a disposable vape or rechargeable. Disposables last only a short time. Rechargeable batteries offer far better long-term value. However, most vape pens for e-juice are not 510 compatible and made to be used with specific, compatible tanks or cartridges.
- Atomizer / VapeTank – This component is responsible for vaporizing e-juices. This component contains the vape juice and atomizer coil. In some cases, vape pen tanks use replacement coils. In other cases, the tank must be replaced after refilling five to eight times. Larger vape pens, also known as tube mods, use vape tanks with replacement coils. Smaller vape pens use mini-tank atomizers that must be replaced. And in other cases, some vape pens use a disposable vape cartridge.
- Drip Tip / Mouthpiece – The drip tip is the mouthpiece and is simply to part of the device where you take a vape. In the case of a cartridge or a mini-tank, the drip tip comes built-in. Larger vape tanks have removable drip tips. Tips come with different variations allowing more or less airflow. Sometimes the tip can be removed to allow access to the Pyrex tank to fill with juice; this is known as a top fill design.
How does an E-Liquid Vape Pen Work?
An e-liquid vape pen works like a regular electronic cigarette. Power is drawn from the battery to heat a coil. Then, the heated coil vaporizes e-liquid. That’s about it! What is the difference between an e-liquid vape pen and an e-cigarette? The average e-cigarette features a 300 mAh battery. About the same as pod systems. Conversely, a vape pen for e-liquids features a 450 mAh battery up to even 900 mAh. The extra battery capacity means less frequent charging.
Another difference between e-cigs and vape pens is the amount of e-liquid. A typical vape pod or e-cig refill cartridge will hole 1ml, or even less, of vape juice. A vape tank or mini coil tanks for a vape pen can hold much more. Ultimately, a vape pen is still a small, portable vape device, but bigger than an e-cigs.
Vape pens for e-liquids go by several different names. The early models were called “eGo”. Some are called tube mods. In the vaping world, there are a lot of different names for the same devices. But a vape pen for e-juice is best considered as a vapor device slightly larger than an e-cig or pod vape kit, but smaller than a bulky temperature control box mod.
How To Use An E-Liquid Vape Pen
Below you will find basic instructions on how to correctly set up and use a standard E-Liquid Vape pen:
- The first step is to fully charge the battery.
- Connect the battery to the charger that comes with the device. Do not mix and match vape batteries and battery chargers.
- When the battery is connected to a charger, the red light means that it is charging. When the light turns green, that means that the battery is fully charged.
- If your vape pen comes with a mini tank, look at the instruction manual to see how to open the tank.
- Some tanks open from the bottom, others require the user to unscrew the drip tip.
- Fill the tank with e-liquid. The best e-liquid for vape pens is Mig Vapor 50/50 e-juice. Do not use VG e-juice unless using a sub-ohm vape pen.
- Once the tank is filled, wait at least five minutes to allow the wick to fully saturate. This prevents prematurely burning the wick.
- Close the vape tank and connect to the battery.
- Click the power button five times to turn on the device.
- Start vaping!
Difference Between Vape Pens And Pod Systems
Pod systems are a new wave of vapor products that deliver high doses of nicotine. You see Puff Bars in every gas station. In fact you see all kinds of cheap, disposable vape pods. Plus vape shops offer a range of pods kits imported from China. A vape pod uses nicotine salt e-liquid. Nic salt contains a very high amount of nicotine, often 50mg or more. Pod systems are small and often look like a USB memory stick. Pen-style vapes are cylindrical usually use normal e-liquid with nicotine levels of 24mg or less.
Vape pods do not use threaded connections. Instead, replacement pods insert into the body of the device. With a vape pen, the tank threads onto the battery. A pod starter kit costs about the same as e-liquid pen kits.
Difference Between E-Liquid Pens and Dry Herb Vaporizers
The term vape pen often applies to herbal vapor devices. For example, a dry herb vape pen like the Mig Vapor Herb-e is made exclusively as a herbal vaporizer. A vaporizer kit also comes with packing and cleaning tools. A CBD vape pen is made for oils. A wax vapor pen is made for waxes and concentrates. E-liquid vape pens work only with e-liquids.
E-liquid, wax, or oil pens are not interchangeable. You can’t use your favorite e-liquid brands, Mig Vapor of course, in an oil pen. Not can you put wax in an e-liquid pen. Once again, these devices may use the same name but the offer very different functions.
- NOTE: Vapers commonly mistake oil vape pens for an e-liquid vape. Make sure that you use the proper device for e-liquids. Dry herb wax vapes should not be used with e-liquids.
Standard or Sub Ohm Vape Pens?
Standard vape pens use atomizers with a resistance above 1.0 ohms. Sub ohm vape pens use atomizers with a resistance of less than 1.0 ohms. Sub ohm pens generate more vapor but do not have as much throat hit or flavor as a standard pen. Most smokers start vaping with a standard vape pen.
Sub ohm vape pens use sub ohm vape tanks with replacement coils. In addition, sub ohm vaping requires a VG e-juice. Standard vaping is also known as MTL. Sub ohm is also known as DL.
- DL (Direct lung) - DL vaping is the pulling or puffing method used when sub ohm vaping. The vapor is drawn from the device directly into the lungs.
- MTL (Mouth to lung) - MTL involves drawing the vapor into the mouth and then inhaling. This mimics the inhalation method of smoking a cigarette. As a result, MTL devices are typically preferred by smokers.
What Is The Best Vape Pen For E-Liquid?
Finding the best vape pen for e-liquid depends on what you are looking for. Listen, most of the vape shops don’t even carry e-liquid vape pens anymore. You might find one in a clearance vape bin. The ones you do see in retail stores are probably junk anyway. Vape shops have moved on to Lost Vape or Vandy Vape squonk mods or the latest pod mod from China. And that is too bad because the best vape pens for e-liquids are really ideal for a smoker.
The best vape pen must have the best battery. The battery quality makes all the difference in the consistency and quality of the vaping experience. Next, the cartridges or tank atomizers must be exceptional quality. But how do you know if you are getting a good battery and tank? That’s hard to tell because everyone claims to be the best! That’s when you need to look at the track record.
What’s past is prologue. The past performance is the best indicator of future performance. To get the best vape pen for e-liquids go with a proven brand. Of course our recommendation is Mig Vapor. Are we biased? Sure. But we are also damn confident. And we have the proven track record to back it up.
Why Choose Mig Vapor E-Liquid Vape Pens
Mig Vapor makes the best vape pens. While other companies chase the crowd, we focus on quality. Mig Vapor did not abandon the vape pen design and follow the herd to the Freemax Twister, latest rebuildable tools, or whatever the latest hip trend happens to be at the moment. We make no-nonsense vapor products that work for you. In addition, we use the best manufacturing facilities with only the best materials. Starting with the batteries.
We started Mig Vapor in the early days of the vaping movement because we knew someone had to make a better battery. That is exactly what we did! But aren’t all batteries the same? No way. Many of the cheap, discount vape brands in China use low quality lithium battery components. That's not good. That means the battery will not be consistent or reliable. Furthermore, our batteries utilize precision, temperature sensing microprocessors for both safety and better performance.
Next, think about atomizers and tanks. Yes, we make awesome sub ohm vape tanks, mesh coils, and everything else. We cover vaping from A to Z. No doubt about it. And on top of all of that, we make the best mini vape pen tanks. Perhaps the Clear Fusion above all. But we also have sub ohm vape kits like the Minion. Find all of the best options at our online vape store.
Best Vape Pens For E-Liquid
Mig Vapor is one of the largest suppliers for everything vaping-related. If you're looking for a specific starter kit, or even a specific juice Mig Vapor will have it! That includes tobacco flavor, fruit flavors, dessert flavors, you name it! And we have vape accessories. Utilizing the latest technology and hardware, you have the ability to choose exactly what you want in your vape. Plus we have a huge community of vaping experts to help you out whenever you need to know something. Just call our customer service anytime during business hours. Or send us an email.
Best On the Market - Here are some of the leading e-liquid vape pens offered by Mig Vapor:
- Mig 21 Clear Fusion Vape Pen Kit - $59.95 - The absolute gold standard of e-liquid vape pens. The Clear Fusion has a sleek design. With a 4.2v 380mAh battery this little device has plenty of power! It holds 1.3ML of juice in its tiny tank. Clear Fusion vape starter kits are recognized by many as the best kit for smokers.
- SR72 Special Edition Kit - $89.95 - One of the most visually appealing MTL devices. The SR72 also has two 1300mAh batteries powering the 1.8ohm coils. You'll be impressed with the vapor production of the SR72. It's not just a pretty pen. It vapes.
Sub Ohm Vape Pens For VG E-Juice
- Minion Vape Mod Kit - $49.95 - This mid-range Sub Ohm vape pen has a decent 30 watts of power from the impressive 3000mAh battery, with compatibility of coil resistance of up to 0.5ohm. Stainless steel structure. This device looks and feels great.
- Morpheus Vape Mod Kit - $59.95 - Possibly the most powerful sub ohm tube mod on the market, the Morpheus has capabilities of up to 100 watts. Using either .2 or .4 ohm coils you have the ability to choose between your preferred vaping style. Builtin batteries and adjustable airflow subohm tank included.
- The Bug Mini Vape - $39.95 - One of the more affordable sub ohm vapes. The Bug Mini hosts a 1100 mAh battery, with an easy top fill design. The Atomizer hosts 0.8ohm coils, making your vapor production dense and flavorful.
Vape Pens For E-Liquids FAQ
Q: What is e-liquid vaping commonly called?
A: Vaping is the most common term. However, different styles of vaping e-liquid include sub-ohm vaping, cloud chasing, MTL, or DL.
Q: How Long do coils last?
A: Typically, you can get anywhere from one to three weeks out of a coil. If you start tasting a burned flavor, you should replace the coil.
Q: How long does it take to charge a vape battery?
A: You can expect your device to take around 1-3 hours to charge. Check your user manual for exact times.
Q: What's a standard coil resistance range?
A: Normal resistance ranges will be between 0.5 - 1.8 ohms.
Q: What's a 510 Threaded Connection?
A: This is the threading of the connection between your mod and tank, providing your tank and mod have 510 threading connection you can swap it for any other 510 connection components.
Q: When I pull from my device it tastes burned?
A1: Check if your atomizer needs replacing.
A2: Make sure you prime the atomizer before use. This could be because no juice has soaked to the coil.
A3: Make sure your wattage section is not higher than the recommended amount of your atomizer.